Diplomats meet German medtech companies at Foreign Office event
The annual HEALTH MADE IN GERMANY diplomats' tour of MEDICA in Düsseldorf went digital in 2020. On November 26, the export initiative for the German healthcare industry, the German Foreign Office and medical technology industry associations held a virtual event for the ambassadors instead. A recording of the event may be viewed here.
At the event called "In Case of EMERGENCY - Excellent Care Made in Germany," three successful German medical technology companies showed high-end products and innovative solutions that contribute the latest to serving emergency patients at home and abroad. The Commissioner for Business Policy and Foreign Trade Promotion, Alexander Schönfelder, and Regina Wierig, Deputy Director for General Directorate Law and Security at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), welcomed the guests.
The "Ambassadors' Roundtable" proved popular with the diplomats, with 54 representatives of 49 foreign embassies taking part in the event on emergency medicine. They were able to learn about state-of-the-art ambulances, professional ambulance equipment, and get product highlights on innovative imaging procedures. The presentations reflected the high standards of German medical technology. Meanwhile, the completely positive reception of all presenters and participants confirmed that digital technology "worked" for all those involved, even if it doesn't quite replace personal contact.
- Alexander Schönfelder, Deputy Director General for Economic Policy and Foreign Trade Promotion, Federal Foreign Office
- Regina Wierig, Deputy Director General Directorate Law and Security, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Stefanie Zenk, Senior Manager “HEALTH MADE IN GERMANY”, Germany Trade & Invest
- Cathrin Wilhelm, CEO, BINZ Ambulance- und Umwelttechnik GmbH, Ilmenau
- André Schulte, CEO, WEINMANN Emergency Medical Technology GmbH + Co.KG, Hamburg
- Dr. Stefan Wagner, Director Global Product Management, Ziehm Imaging GmbH, Nürnberg