"German Pavilion" premiers at Pharmed & Healthcare Vietnam
German healthcare companies have taken part in the premiere appearance of the German Pavilion at Pharmed & Healthcare Vietnam, the Southeast Asian country's leading trade show for medtech and medicine. The shared stand is all about showing what sets products "made in Germany" apart from the rest in terms of quality, reliability, service, and more.
Eight exhibitors were presenting their goods and services and providing information at the pavilion, including those with globally-known names such as Otto Bock, and innovative, relatively new businesses like JeNaCell. A strategic consulting and regulatory advice firm specialized in Southeast Asia, Afghanistan, and India – Implantex Pte. Ltd. – was at the stand as well.
A developer and marketer of high-quality orthomolecular nutritional medicine, Centax Pharma, and Sifin Gmbh, a diagnostics company, were at the pavilion, too, as were machine builders WFT Pharmatec GmbH, and WEINMANN Emergency Medical Technology GmbH & Co.KG.
Germany's Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi and representatives of the Export Initiative for the German Healthcare Industry, HEALTH MADE IN GERMANY, were at the pavilion as well, assisting companies and individuals interested in contacting potential German partners and suppliers.
The premiere of the German Pavilion at Pharmamed & Healthcare, which was held in Ho Chi Minh City from 11 September to 14 September, reflects the rapid growth of Vietnam's healthcare system. The country's medical technology market is growing at a rate of eleven percent and has import rate of ninety percent per year. What is more, there is great interest in German suppliers, given that Germany is one of the top two countries which meet Vietnamese demand for these products.
Pharmed & Healthcare has a strong international orientation. This year the trade fair demonstrated Germany’s special significance by welcoming it to the trade show as as a partner country. Vietnam's Deputy Health Minister made the German Pavilion his first stop on the official tour that followed the opening ceremony.
- Opening Ceremony at the 14th Pharmed & Healthcare© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
- Opening day: Visitors are eager to enter the exhibition halls© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
- Vietnam welcomes Germany as partner country© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
- The German Pavilion marks the first stop of the opening VIP-tour© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
- Visitors are crowding the German Pavilion© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
- Strong local interest in German products and services© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
- Vietnam shows a high demand for orthopedic and prosthetic products© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
- Site-visit of the German delegation at ottobock. Vietnam© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
- ottobock.‘s top-quality prostheses are custom made using high-end materials© Exportinitiative Gesundheitswirtschaft
German Pavilions are present at many of the world's leading trade fairs and exhibitions. The Association of the German Trade Fair Industry, AUMA, coordinates and consolidates trade fair collaboration in Germany. Founded in 1907, it currently represents the national and international interests of 74 members. The AUMA Internet site is the place to find trade fairs in your country that have German Pavilions. The site provides detailed information on participating German companies and the products on display in English and in the respective national language.
HEALTH MADE IN GERMANY is an excellent source of information on German healthcare as well. The initiative can provide insight into the industry’s different sectors and individual companies. An online Information Center provides free access to industry profiles – including the German Medical Technology Industry Profile, company directories, picture galleries, and other resources.